Wednesday 16 November 2011

Child Friendly Sardinia


I have never come across a travel destination that is as child friendly as Sardinia, and trust me, I have been looking for quite some time now. I do not really have the option of leaving my children home when I travel for business, as I am relatively new to our neighbourhood and have not established that type of network yet. Regardless, typically there is an abundance of stress that is associated with travelling with my 2 daughters: how to keep them entertained while I am in conferences, making sure that they are well fed, and keeping a close eye on them when we are partaking in various activities throughout the city.
Therefore, when I was told that I would have to be in Sardinia for a week, a place that I was rather unfamiliar with at the time, my heart skipped a beat. How was I going to handle the situation? It turns out that Sardinia is one of the most child friendly destinations in Europe. There are so many activities, parks, and playgrounds for them, that my trip was actually quite relaxing. Of course I still had to keep an eye on them, but they generally went to bed exhausted at the end of the day. The staff at our hotel Doubletree Olbia were extremely helpful in the matter, knowing which parks were appropriate on certain days. The Hilton Sardinia staff also went to great lengths to make my children feel as comfortable as possible, often involving them in our conversations. I hope that all of my business conferences will be in Sardinia from now on, but I guess that would be too much to ask. So, if you are in a similar situation as I am in, you can rest assure that there are places out there that are very child appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment