Wednesday 18 January 2012

Camping Scotland

Considered somewhat of the adventurous type, many people thought I had lost my mind when I told them that I wanted to go on a camping trip to Scotland. My family had been to that wonderful country a few times before, but we had always stayed at the Balmoral castle hotel as it offers its guests such an extensive list of luxurious services.
Although I do appreciate being pampered on occasion, I felt like a camping trip was in order to fully appreciate all that Scotland had to offer, mainly its natural beauty. Although my trip was very enjoyable, camping is an activity that requires a certain amount of precaution. Therefore, I would like to provide you with some information that is absolutely essential when thinking about taking such a trip.


For one, let people know where you are going, and how long you intend to stay. You don't need to be like that individual that headed up North under the belief that he was better than mother nature. As many of us are aware, his outcome was not so favourable. Therefore, inform your loved ones, or even someone at a hotel where you will be staying. Also, you should consider bringing a mobile with you. You may not have service at your campsite, but you will more than likely be able to use it eventually, should you need to.

Secondly, be careful when constructing fires. This is both a precautionary measure for your own safety, and for the well being of the surrounding areas. I can't state how often a neglected fire has spiralled out of control, harming those in its path, as well as torching treed areas. Be careful.

I always encourage people to break away from their normal routine. Thus, whether you are staying in a Glasgow, Balmoral, or Perthshire hotel, a camping trip in Scotland is a great way to see the natural beauty that the country is renowned for. Take the advice that I have given you, and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment